Friday, July 27, 2012

Costa Rica = Pura Vida = Kinda Hard = Lots of Bugs

Hey, this is John and I am writing to you for the youth group! So I am going to be real and just say that Costa Rica has been kind of hard. Do not get me wrong; it is an amazing experience telling people about Jesus, but you are totally out of your comfort zone! 

So the whole memo of this trip is flexibility and boy is that hard when the electricity goes out the first night and there is no hot water. It’s just hard to adjust. This morning we woke up at 3:00 and went on a two hour ride and then a thirty-five minute boat ride to an island. The island was beautiful! We met with teenagers and taught them English and shared the gospel. We also performed a mime that helped out a lot since there was a huge language barrier. 

Today I was the game leader and it was pretty hectic, but really fun.  The kids are nice and cooperate with what we ask from them. The only food I have disliked so far are these plantains that just had a really disgusting taste!! I know this week is going to be amazing and I am so blessed that I am on this trip. I ask you to continue to pray for us and make sure you keep your eye out for more blogs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment