Friday, July 20, 2012

Costa Rica On My Mind

It seems so long ago when I first heard the words from Ken...”We’re planning a mission trip to Costa Rica this year.”  I nonchalantly said...I’d be interested in that trip.   It was a quick statement and I put no thought behind it.  There had been a mission trip to Costa Rica several years ago and I’d missed my chance to go, so in that moment I answered without any real thought to the question.    You’ll be happy to know that I did put some prayer behind that quick answer and reconfirmed my trip. :-)

Since that time, I have become very curious about the country and people of Costa Rica.  

Some interesting facts:

  • Costa Rica literally means Rich Coast
  • “Pura Vida” is the most recognized phrase and it means good life or pure life.   It is a great answer for any of the following hello, goodbye, how are you?
  • Pharmaceuticals, financial outsourcing, software development, and ecotourism are the prime industries in Costa Rica's economy.
  • There are 4.3 million people in Costa Rica
  • 70.5% of Costa Ricans are Roman Catholics, 44.9% of the population are practicing Catholics
  • The primary language is Costa Rican Spanish.



Join me in praying for the following

  • The Team (9 students, 5 adults)
  • Safe Travels
  • The school children we’ll meet
  • The people we’ll have a chance to talk with
  • The country of Costa Rica

John 4:13 says "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a sprint of water welling up to eternal life"


We leave in 6 short days and until then Costa Rica will be on my mind!

In Christ,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment